Pages

Sunday, December 17, 2017

Mickey Mouse GInger Bread Cookies (gluten free and vegan)

We are half way of December already and next week is Christmas week! To make our tiny room a little christmassy we bought a small christmas tree we decorated with the christmas ornaments we bought from Disney World last September.

Every year I love making ginger bread cookies, but this year I made them with a new recipe I never tried before. 
These ginger bread cookies are refined sugar free and vegan and so tasty! I wasn't sure how these are gonna be, because I was using some of the ingredients for the first time in my life. 

I wish I would have used more of the spices, since when I tried the cookies I didn't get too much feel of ginger and nutmeg, but still they tasted pretty great ! 

2 Cups of        coconut flour 
1/4 Cups of     Blackstrap Molasses 
2 Tbsp             melted coconut oil 
2tbsp               Tapioca Starch 
2tsp                 Xantham gum / baking powder
2tsp                 Coconut sugar / other sweetener
                       splash of water 
                        Ginger 
                        Cinnamon 
                        nutmeg 
                        clove

Add the coconut flour, spices and rest of the dry ingredients into a bowl and since the mixture doesn't really taste good smell it and if you think you need more spices just add it. I didn't add any amount for the spices, because I usually add them according which flavours I like the most. But you can start with 2-3 tsp of all of the ingredients and add up from there. 

Next add the black strap molasses and coconut oil and coconut sugar (or another sweetener you are using) into the dry ingredient mixture. Start mixing it with your hand and you can add little bit water in to make form a dough. In case you wish to use another kind of flour you can do that but you might not necessarily need add the water, because coconut flour needs more liquid than other flours. 

when the mixtures is looking like a nice take a bit of Tapioca Starch and sprinkle on a table and roll out the dough and use a cookie cutter to do the cookies. 
Bake in the over in 200°c for about 10 minutes or until the cookies looks ready



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment ♡