Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Billy Extension Hamster Cage

After I purchased the small cage from Pets at Home, I made a research of hamsters and I came to the reality that the cages they are selling there are way too small for a Syrian hamster, even if there are even markings that it is suitable for a Syrian hamster.

After I made this discovery I wanted to make a bigger cage for Daisy since even a few days I started to see the symptoms being in too small cage. 

So I planned a trip to Ikea and I bought a Billy extension for book shelf. Her cage is made out of 3 Billy extensions because when I bought the parts I didn't think she will come out of the cage so easy and how wrong I was. On the first night she climbed out of the cage !

The dimensions of the cage are 80x70x55. Unfortunately me or my boyfriend we don't have space for any bigger cage, but she seems to be happy in there and doing normal hamster stuff. 

So what I decided is that I'm trying to build higher walls with the third Billy extension. I screwed extra holes on top of the cage walls and I attached the extra walls with the metal plugs that came with the package. 
To be honest the cage is not the most beautiful one, but at least she has more space to run around and all her small cage symptoms are gone. 




Daisy has in her cage sand bath, several hideouts, tubes and 20cm diameter Trixie wheel (Bigger on is on order) and also some chew toys to keep her teeth tidy and short 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment ♡