Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Gelato Italiano ;)

Allora, I haven't tried this yet, but I will. I was just "reading" my Ice cream book which I bought from Rome last  December. I haven't even opened the book before last night and I started to miss delicious Italian ice cream, so I decided to try out some of the recipes and I end up for pistachio ice cream!
One of my favorite ice cream flavor in Central bar.

Now I just have to go to the market and buy everything needed. I translated the recipe from Italian to Finnish, it was so difficult to find correct Finnish words! I need to take some Finnish lessons! : D

And here's the receipt (I don't guarantee it will be delicious, but I will try ;)

Gelato al pistacchio

600ml of cream
5 egg yolk
115g of sugar
225g  of pistachios with shells
a bit of almond crushed grain
a bit of vanilla

Bring the cream to a boil and let it cool down for little while. Beat the eggs and sugar until smooth foam.
Add the cool down cream carefully to the mixture.

Cook the ice cream liquid in a double boiler until it won't create a skin on the top. Take the liquid off from stove and let it cool down completely.

Boil the pistachios with shells about 5 mins and then peel them. Crush nuts in a blender and mix with almond crumbs and vanilla.
Add the mixture of nuts and vanilla to a ice cream liquid and when it's chilled pour it to a ice cream machine.

Let the liquid work out until it's freezing. Transfer the ice cream to other bowl which stands freezer. Let it be in a freezer at least 15 mins before serving.
(when the ice cream is ready it lasts one month in the freezer)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment ♡