Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sleepless night

Last night I couldn't get a sleep until morning and I was a bit bored. Earlier yesterday I was shopping with my friend in Helsinki, and I bought all the baking stuffs. So I decided to try out something what I haven't tried since ever. I did royal icing and tried to do a tiara with it. But it was just a trial (:

First I drew the tiara on the paper and then I drew it on a greaseproof paper too. That picture I taped around a bottle. ( I think I made one mistake with this one, it would been better to tape on a semicircle or something like that, but not to a bottle. )
 Now was turn of the royal icing mixture. I mixed one egg white and about 4dl powdered sugar, it little depends what's you're gonna do with the icing and sometimes it just needs little bit more powdered sugar. Also I added few drops of lemon juice. It helps the mixture solidify.

Royal Icing
1     egg white
4dl  powdered sugar
  •   few drops of lemon juice
This recipe of royal icing is meant of making outlines for cookies and decorating.


Here's all the baking stuffs I bought yesterday afternoon





Here's the Tiara around a bottle . Also one mistake which I made was that I used way too big piping tube.


Final score! It broke down when I tried to take it off the bottle and paper :/ Not so successful , but maybe next time I can do it better :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment ♡