Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Autumn Colors

My friend stayed over night here last night. We wanted to find something to do and we decided to bake a carrot cake! We had all the other ingredients expect sugar, so we had to go to buy it. We went to one shopping mall called Sello. We also did some other shopping too, clothes, and other outfits :) 


Below this text there's a picture of the carrot cake. I think it looks pretty delicious, but this time, the taste wasn't so good. Almonds on the decoration tasted a bit like plastic. Let's see who wants to eat it : D




CARROT CAKE

4 eggs
250 g of sugar
2 dl of oil
300 g of flour
3/4 ts of salt
3 ts of baking powder
2 ts of cinnamon
400 g of grated carrots
55 g of almond crumbs

Frosting
180 g of soft butter
250 g powdered sugar
200 g of Philadelphia


Whisk eggs and sugar until fluffy and add oil. Mix all the dry ingredients, flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Pour to egg mixture and mix well. Add grated carrots to dough and mix smooth with mixer. Grease and flour the casserole. Pour the dough to the casserole and fry about 45mins in 180 Degrees (or as long as necessary).  The cake should rise high in a oven. Let the cake cool down before you move it to a plate.

While the cake is in the oven you can prepare the frosting. Whisk butter and powdered sugar, add Philadelphia and mix it smooth.

After the cake has cool down, pervade the frosting with a spatula on the cake and sides of it.  Decorate with almond crumbs

        ****


Also I was working on my nails today. I wanted to use some Autumn colors, so I ended up to orange with glitter. The nail polish today was O.P.I Goldilocks Rock. First I applied nail hardener and then one level of base coat and after that I applied Goldilocks Rocks nail polish. I finish the nails with top coat. 




O.P.I Goldilocks Rocks





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment ♡